My aunt witness the last moments of her mother. Being alone beside her, she asked Jesus to protect her mother and give her courage. She told us how the her mom breathe her last breath and how she desperately seek for help and how the nurse close her mother's eyes. My aunt is brave.
Is it really important in which religion your faith lies?
Very sensitive issue. Thats why I always remind myself that instead of wondering if there is god, heaven or hell, think of what I can do to help as many people in need as possible. I can't always help them but I did when ever and what ever I could. I make mistakes every now and then too. If all the good deeds, after I die, could not erase of the mistakes I commited, then so be it. It is alright because I did my best. Might not be the most I could've done but I did my best.
Ng mama said something today which I find lots of people have forgotten or maybe blinded in a sense. She quoted, "相信什么都不要紧,最重要是要相信自己。"
I feel that faith, is pretty much like respect. You don't demand respect, you earn respect. The most fundamental step to do before you earn people's respect is to respect yourself. Same goes to faith. You need to have faith in yourself before you can accept and have faith in others.
Believing in a religion is secondary. Beliving in yourself is primary.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home